Saturday, March 21, 2015

mountains in a bottle


Forget Dior and Chanel: here are the new 'Noses'!
The 15 hikers and backpackers of Juniper Ridge make real fragrances. They go camping in the wilderness, crawl around in mountain meadows, they smell the wet earth beneath fir trees, and they distill colognes and perfumes from real plants, bark, moss, and mushrooms. A hundred years ago, all perfumes were made this way. Today Juniper Ridge is the only company that handles every step of the process themselves, from beginning to end.

I was at one of my favorite shops in Amsterdam the other day, a tiny shop called HearHear and the owner told me she was so happy that she managed to get the Juniper Ridge collection to Amsterdam. 
I am a sucker for good natural fragrances and when I opened the bottles I was swept of my feet. Gone were my vague memories of French artificial flowery perfumes (which I already didn't use for 10 years or so). The Juniper Ridge fragrances are honest, deep, earthy and somehow you can smell the soul of the mountains. 
I LOVE this brand! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Allways happy if you leave me a note!
Spam will be removed and reported.